Need ideas of what to sell and start making money via Etsy at the comfort of your own home?
Answer these three questions:
1. What Have You Created That Was Praised? Have you ever made something (or purchased something) that other people loved? Maybe you knitted a pillow for your niece or designed something for a friend’s business, or maybe you’re complimented on your eye for handmade shoes or silk saris. This can be a good indication there’s a market for that product.
2. What Desperate Needs Can You Fill? All successful businesses have one thing in common, and that’s that they fill a need. This is how many sellers in your region started their shop. A potential customer wanted customized silk neckties for a groom at her wedding, and couldn’t find them. So a seller made them for that customer, and then filled that need for other brides. Think back to the last time you had difficulty finding something. Can you fill that need?
3. What Do You Enjoy Doing or Creating? You want to start an Etsy shop so you can express your creativity and be paid for it. So what are your hobbies? So start with what your hobbies are. If you love crafting, consider selling your favorite craft. If you love shopping for vintage dress, consider selling vintage dress.
If you’re reading some of our examples and thinking to yourself that they’re not good ideas because there’s too much competition, we’ve got news for you (don’t worry, it’s good news!):
Competition is a good thing. It means there’s a market for your product. If there were no competition, there’s a reason for that.
Making Sure Your Products Will Sell
Don’t waste your time and effort by setting up an Etsy shop around an idea that won’t sell. The only way to see if there’s an International market for what you sell is by validating your idea.
So how do we do this? Through research of course.
- Handmade molds. Flexible silicone rubber mold, great for soaps,miniature food, candles, pmc, sculpey, desserts,jewelry,resin, paper, buttons, clay,fimo, …and more.
- Edible cupcake toppers. Edible Butterflies & Decorations for Weddings, Birthdays & More. Decorate Cakes and Cupcakes, Gift Tables and Party rooms.
- Charms, buttons, beads. Selection of charms, jewelry findings, beads and buttons are also in demand.
- Molds for Resin Jewelry.HIGHEST quality vacuum degassed silicone that produces glossy resin casts to make one of a kind unique jewelry to wear or to sell.
- Wedding & Party supplies. Wedding & Party supplies, decor and much more.
- Cake topper– creative cake decorations
- Fine Gemstone and Supplies – different jewelries made of gemstone
- Beads. In different color and sizes
- Czech Glass Beads, Picasso Beads, Jewelry Supplies. Gorgeous Czech glass aged, striped seed beads
- Beads, Findings, Chain, Charms, Brass, Pewter, Mykonos.
You should also research your competition. See what they are selling. If they are doing well, there is a high chance you can too.